[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] gateway
 Date:  Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:38:16 +1000
Hi Komaii,

The "gateway" setting is not the issue here, as long as you are
accessing the m0n0wall box from the "LAN" side, as both your IP and the
IP of the m0n0wall are on the same network.  If you have the LAN and WAN
interfaces on m0n0wall set to addresses on the same network, that could
well cause the issue you are having.

The gateway address is used *ONLY* for traffic passing outside your
local subnet.

- HiltonT

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/