[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 To:  "'Juergen Moellenhoff'" <jm at oic dot de>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to configure MonoWall for public IPs on LAN/DM Z?
 Date:  Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:18:49 +0100

your conclusions seem correct.

You will have problems with overlapping subnets, as the hosts in the /25
subnet will 'think' the hosts in the overlapping /28 subnet are connected
locally, and thus not use the default gateway.

Another approach would be to bridge the DMZ with the LAN interface. When you
enable the filtering bridge, you could do firewalling between DMZ, LAN and
WAN, AND not be dependant on subnets to divide your public subnet between
your DMZ and your LAN.

Hope this helps,
Joachim

MISSION STATEMENT