[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Juergen Moellenhoff <jm at oic dot de>
 To:  Christiaens Joachim <jchristi at oce dot be>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to configure MonoWall for public IPs on LAN/DMZ?
 Date:  Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:15:07 +0100
Hi,

so this means I could use the /25 LAN-Net with the /28 DMZ-Net when I
use the filtering bridge (between LAN/DMZ)? The settings for the LAN
would be the same (see below) and for the DMZ I could use

Net:      xxx.xxx.240.112
Netmask:  255.255.255.240 or /28
Range:	  xxx.xxx.240.113 - xxx.xxx.240.126
DMZ-IP:   xxx.xxx.240.113

And this way I can reach the systems in the DMZ from the WAN and the
opposite way? Hmmm... the filtering bridge is open per default which
means no rules that block traffic, right?

Is another option to use private IPs just for the DMZ? And then I must
forward certain public IPs from the WAN (but of course from the public
IP-Range of the LAN) to the private IPs in the DMZ? Is this an option
that could work?

Btw. thank's for the quick answer!

Bye,