[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jan Walzer" <j dot walzer at itcampus dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Quadport Ethernet Adapters
 Date:  Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:30:17 +0100
We want m0n0wall to deal with 8 physical networks, but its
hard to find a board with 8 PCI-Slots.

So I'm looking for some Quadport-NICs.
We don't really need GBit neither extraordinary Features like
(VLAN, Trunking, etc).

So the Intel ones are quite some overkill. There are other
ones I found (Matrox NS-FNIC/4, Compaq, ...) but currently
I'd vote for something from routerboard.com

They offer two devices, one with a NatSemi-DP83816 and one
with a VIA-VT6105M Chipset. Are there any experiences with
any of these boards and m0n0?

What is the support of BSD on these Chipsets?

Thanks, Jan

PS: Keep up the good work on m0n0. I'm looking forward to
      the support for OpenVPN.

--
itCampus Software und Systemhaus GmbH
Leipzig Halle Wittenberg