[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holland, Keith C SSG 1st IO CMD" <kcholla at 1stiocmd dot army dot mil>
 To:  "'steven murphy'" <murphy at imelectronic dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: HELP! DSL PPPoE problems
 Date:  Fri, 26 Mar 2004 07:49:11 -0500
If you are sure the PPPoE is properly configured and you are getting an IP,
then you could check your DNS server settings. After I initially set mine
up, I could not get out either, until I figured out that the PPPoE does not
auto populate the DNS servers.

Otherwise, it should work out of the box, if the default rule is enabled. I
am new to m0n0 so I am not sure if this default rule is present in all
distributions.

Protocol: Any
Source: LAN net
Port: *
Destination: *
Port: *

This worked for me right from the start, enough for me to get onto the net.
I did however, disable it and set up connection specific rules for my
network (deny all, allow by exception policy).

Hope this helps,

KC