[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'Phill R Kenoyer'" <phill at bmg50 dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless Timeout Problem solved.
 Date:  Fri, 26 Mar 2004 20:58:38 -0600
> *SNIP*
> Power Save Mode!  I had one customer using a Linksys WMP11
> PCI card to
> connect to the relay.  It was setup on Windows XP.  The Power
> Save Mode
> was enabled on it.  The day I had the customer disable it was the day
> the errors stopped.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes!  I have run into that situation while debugging mine and others
m0n0wall setups.  A friend of mine was running into that difficulty and
after some experimentation he discovered it was due to his centrino card
being in power save mode.  After he pointed this out to me I have helped
other people with the same trouble.

It's a real nasty problem :)  Glad you were able to resolve it...maybe I
should have put something out to the list in retrospect.

--Michael I.