[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Beta version 1.1b1 available
 Date:  Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:05:50 +0100
For those of you who like to live on the cutting edge, there's a beta
version of m0n0wall 1.1 available for download at

http://m0n0.ch/temp/net45xx-1.1b1.img
http://m0n0.ch/temp/net48xx-1.1b1.img
http://m0n0.ch/temp/generic-pc-1.1b1.img
http://m0n0.ch/temp/cdrom-1.1b1.iso
http://m0n0.ch/temp/wrap-1.1b1.img

(these images are not digitally signed)

The VLAN support is not done yet, but here are the changes:

- !!! new kernel patch that should solve the dreaded XP PPTP VPN
timeout/packet loss problem once and for all

(tested -> works for me, packet loss went from 50% to 0%)

- new SVG-based traffic grapher (no persistent storage; SVG code
contributed by Thierry Lechat)

- updated system to FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p4 (security updates)

- updated PHP to 4.3.5

- updated ipfilter to 3.4.33

- updated racoon to version 20040116a

- DNS servers assigned via PPPoE/PPTP are now used if the "allow
override" option is set

- local subnet mask of /0 now allowed in IPsec tunnels

- disabled hardware TX checksumming for 3com cards (xl driver) due to
buggy chips

- unsupported support for extensions ;)

mpd has not been updated to 3.17 because after doing so I experienced
the netgraph problem described on
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=62477> with PPPoE. 3.14
works fine.

As always, please let me know if there are any new bugs.

Greets,

Manuel