[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "billy" <billy at hnisecure dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Spam: NoCatAuth Public Wireless
 Date:  Sat, 27 Mar 2004 11:11:59 -0800
Hi Billy - there have been a lot of people asking for that and other various
features - some of which may not belong on a typical firewall, some of which
may on SOME firewalls...

The result of this has been the announcement of basic support for plug in
applications to allow people to include their own code by placing it in the
right place, rather than by hacking monowall...

Several users expressed interest in placing the hotspot component of the
nocatauth system into monowall - hopefully using the new plugin system which
will be in an upcoming release...

This would enable anyone wanting this feature to simply mount their CF
read/write & add the appropriate files, and away they go... (there is a
section on hacking mono that discusses this in detail, and Manuel said he
would post a basic howto for the plug in support).

Personally I'd be interested in seeing it work there - I've got a number of
places I could use it if it was integrated.

The extentions support was just released in 1.1b1 today! Whoo hoo! ;-)

And just in case you haven't heard, Manuel is not "supporting" it (i.e.
answering questions) - it is a simple set of hooks though - should be easy
for you (Thanks Manuel!)

m/