[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Iedema" <iedemam at pluto dot dsu dot edu>
 To:  "'Konstantin Rudoy'" <subscribe at k dot rudoy dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Wireless Timeout Problem solved.
 Date:  Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:16:13 -0600
> Probably I have the same problem - wireless connection from a
> laptop to AP
> breakes each few minnutes. But powersafe mode is disabled and
> not build in
> AP works fine.
> Signal is Exelent
> Could any one give me some help how to fix that?

I have this issue sporadically with my Vaio PCG-SRX99.  As far as I can
tell it has no powersave options but when I visit one of my friends the
XP 'balloon' keeps switching between "Wireless Signal Strength
Excellent" to "Wireless Network Connection Lost".  If I open up a cmd
window and start pinging something on the wired portion of his network
continuously the problem goes away.  I haven't spend much time debugging
it because it only happens at his house.  I have the exact same
equipment at my place and have no problem.

Sorry for no answer but it's a suggestion to keep your annoyance at bay
for a bit.

--Michael I.