[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Cook" <david at dave dash cook dot co dot uk>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] ... Help! Wanting to maintain & get SNMP from station ...
 Date:  Sat, 27 Mar 2004 23:51:59 -0000
-----Original Message-----
From: David Cook
Sent: 27 March 2004 23:20
To: 'Andrew'
Subject: RE: [m0n0wall] ... Help! Wanting to maintain & get SNMP from
station ...

Andrew,

Just as a check, you haven't got any inbound NAT configured from your
WAN for port 80 to a box on the inside of m0n0wall?

If so you can get round it by moving the webGUI port to something else
that isn't being NATed. 8080 is often a common choice. Don't forget you
will also need a firewall rule allowing traffic to the webGUI port on
the WAN interface.

Also re-read your previous post. If the WAN address of the m0n0wall is a
RFC 1918 private address (e.g. 192.168.x.x, 10.x.x.x etc) you will need
to uncheck the 'Block private networks' option on the WAN Confiuration
page. This blocks any connection that originates from a RFC 1918 private
address.