[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dana Spiegel <dana at sociableDESIGN dot com>
 To:  "Mitch (WebCob)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, billy <billy at hnisecure dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Spam: NoCatAuth Public Wireless
 Date:  Sat, 27 Mar 2004 19:06:20 -0500
If you are interested in getting this work out to the community, I
would suggest using http://wiki.nycwireless.net.

This is a new wiki site that focuses on documentation for public
wireless technologies and processes, and the site will be read by a
significant portion of the public wifi community because of its
use/association with NYCwireless.

I would also suggest that NYCwireless can provide site resources,
including the hosting of m0n0wall images and other software, This would
provide a nice complement to our Pebble site.

Director, NYCwireless
dana at nycwireless dot net
www.nycwireless.net

On Mar 27, 2004, at 2:11 PM, Mitch (WebCob) wrote:

> Hi Billy - there have been a lot of people asking for that and other
> various
> features - some of which may not belong on a typical firewall, some of
> which
> may on SOME firewalls...
>
> The result of this has been the announcement of basic support for plug
> in
> applications to allow people to include their own code by placing it
> in the
> right place, rather than by hacking monowall...
>
> Several users expressed interest in placing the hotspot component of
> the
> nocatauth system into monowall - hopefully using the new plugin system
> which
> will be in an upcoming release...
>
> This would enable anyone wanting this feature to simply mount their CF
> read/write & add the appropriate files, and away they go... (there is a
> section on hacking mono that discusses this in detail, and Manuel said
> he
> would post a basic howto for the plug in support).
>
> Personally I'd be interested in seeing it work there - I've got a
> number of
> places I could use it if it was integrated.
>
> The extentions support was just released in 1.1b1 today! Whoo hoo! ;-)
>
> And just in case you haven't heard, Manuel is not "supporting" it (i.e.
> answering questions) - it is a simple set of hooks though - should be
> easy
> for you (Thanks Manuel!)
>
> m/

smime.p7s (3.1 KB, application/pkcs7-signature)