[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bart Smit <bit at pipe dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  m0n0wall dash dev at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  source version and kernel patches
 Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 2004 16:19:38 +0200
Hi,

What about some sort of generic mechanism to find out what FreeBSD
kernel source version a m0n0wall release was based upon, and what
m0n0wall-specific patch set was used? It's kinda impossible to make even
minor kernel modifications without this information.

Would Manuel be willing to publish this at all? Can be very simple. Just
a tag plus a date (or a release tag), and a diff over the kernel sources
will do nicely.

Since I expect that the patch set is quite small, why not embed all this
as comments in the kernel config as well?

Or have I been looking with my nose and simply missed this info elsewhere?

regards,

--B