[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brian" <mono at ricerage dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Distributed Configurations.
 Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:56:40 -0500 (EST)
Jeez, I didn't realize the m0n0wall market penetration had reached this
level. :)

Honestly however, I'm only surprised because to date, I haven't considered
m0n0wall deployment in such a fashion. Certainly I believe m0n0wall goes
above and beyond any SOHO class firewall available to the public, yet at
the same time I can't imagine their usage in the way I assume you mean
(please don't take offense Manuel). Perhaps my imagination is limited, but
at this stage in the game I see m0n0wall used as an edge firewall/router
for small, home, and remote offices. Perhaps before we start considering
ways to globally configure them in the enterprise, more could be done on
the remote monitoring side (such as SNMP support for more than just
interface traffic).

While I think this is something that would definately be beneficial in the
future, I believe its a bit early to bring things to that level.

Like my usual disclaimers, maybe I'm just a narrowminded nay-sayer with no
vision or imagination.

 Brian