[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brian Morton <brian18 at uga dot edu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  trouble setting up traffic shaper for bit torrent
 Date:  Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:57:13 -0500
Hi,

I am trying to set up m0n0wall to traffic shape upstream bit torrent
traffic on my meager upstream connection to prevent it from being
flooded when web and email are necessary.  However, when I set up a rule
to add bit torrent ports to the priority 1 queue, it also limits the
downstream symmetrically, while I only want to limit the upstream
traffic.  I used the dropdown menu to select outbound traffic only, but
it does not seem to obey that.  Has anyone else had luck shaping this
type of traffic and/or kazaa?  If so, what are your rules?  Thanks for
your help.

Brian Morton
UGA EITS Student Technology Support
brian18 at uga dot edu