[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  'Welby McRoberts' <lists at bordem dot net>
 Cc:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] GRE Tunnels
 Date:  Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:51:47 +0100

Welby,

H'mm, not sure if the PPTP redirection is going to work as you only really
want GRE and not the TCP 1723 control protocol. Is this correct?

From my (basic) understanding of GRE, you shouldn't have an issue with 1:1
NAT and a suitable Firewall rule allowing the GRE traffic. Under this
configuration all traffic is NATed to the specified inside host, subject to
suitable firewall rules. Do you have a public IP address that you can use
for this purpose? Unfortunately you cannot configure inbound NAT using the
m0n0wall WAN address with GRE, only TCP and/or UDP.

If you are creating LAN <-> LAN tunnels you might want to consider the IPSEC
functionality in m0n0wall. This works a treat, though we have only used it
with a m0n0wall at both ends.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.