[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  URGENT: Trafficshaping bridge / problem with blocking DHCP
 Date:  Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:00:53 +0200
Hi,

I have to install the described configuration very soon, so a quick answer would be very
appreciated! ;-)

I have one big problem: I want to use 2 monowalls as filtering bridge for a 2 mbit connection which
is used by voip and other not so timecritical data.
The shaping is working great, my only problem is, that there is only one DHCP-server and it neither
the monowall 1 nor the monowall 2

When I look into the firewall logs I see that the DHCP-requests get blocked. I have configured a
bridge between lan and opt1 on both monowalls
and allowed any protocol from any to any pass. Is there any way to get rid of the DHCP blocks? Maybe
by editing the config file manually?

Regards

Holger Bauer
C+ITEC AG
Am Glockenturm 8
63814 Mainaschaff
Telefon +49 (0)6021 / 4436-1320
Telefax +49 (0)6021 / 4436-2320
mailto:holger dot bauer at citec dash ag dot de
Internet: www.citec-ag.de

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit