[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jean-Francois Theroux <jftheroux at privalodc dot com>
 To:  forums <forums at deleos dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall as a corporate solution...how many are using it this way?
 Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:00:28 -0500
forums wrote:

>I was considering implementing m0n0wall on a Soekris net4501 in a
>corporate environment.  Before I dedicate this solution to my clients I
>would like to know how many of you are using m0n0wall in a corporate
>environment.  I would like to start having most of my corporate
>customers start using m0n0wall so I only have to worry about keeping up
>with one platform instead of keeping track of vulnerabilities and/or
>updates on different OSes.
>

>Let me know how many of you have used m0nowall in the corp
>environment...as well as how many PCs/workstations are connected behind
>it.
>

>If you believe it's not ready for mission critical purposes please let
>me know why.
>

>Thanks,
>
>Ron

Hi Ron,

    I use it as our gateway in our racks at the datacenter. we've got a
few servers behind it with medium traffic. it performs well. I also
deployed it at some clients sites. With as much as ~100 hosts behind it.
Works well there. Got even a few sites connected with IPsec. That works
well too. I suggest it ; )

-jf