[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eaton, Andy" <Andy at seas dot wustl dot edu>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with pptp and 6509 Nat overload
 Date:  Tue, 30 Mar 2004 12:16:17 -0600
Hello,

I haven't seen this question in any of the old posts yet.

I am a network and security engineer at Washington University in St.
Louis MO.  We have a Cisco 6509 that has several internal LAN's that
port address translate to one ip, ie overload to one ip in Cisco speak.
The problem is one of my users has an external m0n0wall at his home.
The m0n0wall is running the pptp server on it locally, not port
forwarding to another machine behind his nat.  From the Cisco PAT space,
I cannot complete a connection, however from a real ip address
everything works fine.  Behind the Cisco Pat space the connection tries
to authenticate but then dies with a 619 error.

I am about to go digging for an answer but I wanted to ask if anyone
knew anything here first.

Thanks,

Andrew Eaton