[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "forums" <forums at deleos dot com>
 To:  "Jean-Francois Theroux" <jftheroux at privalodc dot com>, "forums" <forums at deleos dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall as a corporate solution...how many are using it this way?
 Date:  Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:21:26 -0500
Thanks jf...in you're datacenter deployment, is it a Soekris based
solution or is it a PC type install?  I'd understand if you'd prefer not
to say.  I'm just trying to figure out what would be best to use.  Most
of my clients have NO problem spending the extra $200 for the Soekris if
it would do the job.

Anyone notice a decline in performance using a Soekris compared to a PC?
Presently in my test environment I have m0n0wall running on a Celeron
1.7GHz and 256MB DDR Ram and running off of CD.  This may be overkill
but that's all I had laying around.

Thanks,
Ron