[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Fibre Optic
 Date:  Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:41:56 +1000
Hi All,

Exactly.  Most ISP supplied Fiber connections are presented to the user
as either a 10Mbps or 100Mbps Ethernet interface - RJ45.  If this is the
case, then m0n0wall will handle it as it handles any other Ethernet
connection.  You will no doubt be receiving a static address/subnet
either manually or DHCP-assigned.  Just set it up like that and ignore
the fact that fiber is the delivery method before the box that you
connect into.  :)

- HiltonT

--

Regards,