[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael DeMan <michael at staff dot openaccess dot org>
 To:  Travis Bell <travis at datahive dot ca>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Redundant configurations...
 Date:  Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:09:54 -0800
Hi,

You are right on with the Quagga project.  We run a lot of Soekris units
with OSPF to support dynamic routing and it works very well.

We run our own software version plus a modofied m0n0wall if the unit is to
be customer managed for firewall purposes.

The Quagga ospf processes are relatively lightweight both in terms of binary
file size and CPU/memory usage while running.

- mike

On 3/28/04 10:14 PM, "Travis Bell" <travis at datahive dot ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone, this might sound silly but I was wondering the logistics of
> getting a m0n0 router to use something like BGP. Is that even possible?
>
> You'll have to excuse my ignorance as I do not have a very strong
> networking background. If BGP is a no, what could we do with m0n0 to at
> least make it route redundant ISP connections?
>
> Any info you can all share with me would be great!
>
> Cheers,

Michael F. DeMan
Director of Technology
OpenAccess Internet Services