[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Access WebGUI DSL Modem over PPPOE ?
 Date:  Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:10:28 +1000
Hi Thierry,

STATION[192.168.1.2]----------[192.168.1.1][LAN]m0n0wall[WAN][PPPOE]---------[10.0.0.138]DSLMODEM------>ISP

> - As my WAN interface is a PPPOE
> - As my dsl modem have a configuration webGUI accessible thru is private ip address 10.0.0.138
>
> Does there is a way to access the DSLMODEM webgui from STATION ?

Your m0n0wall is probably blocking outbound private network traffic.
This is a Good Thing (tm) but at times can be a hindrance - such as when
you need to access DSL/Cable modem web interfaces.

To allow private addresses across your WAN interface, you will need to
go to the m0n0wall webGUI and at the bottom of the Interfaces/WAN page
deselect the "Block private networks" checkbox.  I'd suggest re-enabling
this once you have done what yu need with your DSL modem.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/