[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  net4501 throughput with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:56:46 -0500
I have a client that is planning to install a T1 in their new office
building they are building (they're upgrading from a DSL line), and they
wish to run a web server on their T1.  I'm confident that m0n0wall can
handle this, as I have another client doing this at another location with
a generic PC.

I would like to do this with a soekris box instead of a big ugly PC.  I
would prefer to use the net4501 instead of the net4801 in this case.  For
one thing, the 4801 is listed as out of stock, and for another, I really
believe that the 4501 should be capable of sustaining a T1 worth of
traffic.

Has anyone used a net4501 with that kind of bandwidth with m0n0wall?
Does anyone know what the maximum throughput a net4501 with m0n0wall is
capable of?

There won't be any IPSec involved, and *might* have a few short-term PPTP
links every once in a while for road warriors.  The 3 interfaces would be
LAN, WAN, and DMZ.

Thanks in advance,
jim