[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jim Wells" <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  CDROM ISO
 Date:  Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:01:25 -0500
First my appreciation of Manuel's efforts bringing this project to all of
us. We have been using the m0n0wall for just a few months and we have been
fascinated with the ability to connect vpn tunnels to the cisco pix and
linksys vpn endpoint firewalls. Truly a great product.

I wanted to know if there is any reason not to run the m0n0wall from the
cdrom with the floppy on a standard pc with 2 nic's opposed to using the
image version to a hard drive or the flash version. I know the flash version
is small but we can pickup old Pentium II or III computers for almost
nothing plus an extra network adapter for less than the cost of the hardware
for the soekris. I just wanted to get some pro's and con's from some of the
users on the list.

Thanks

Jim Wells