[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Martin Holst" <mail at martinh dot dk>
 To:  <timothy dot jans at pandora dot be>, "'Christiaens Joachim'" <jchristi at oce dot be>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: PPTP Tunnel and POP3 problem
 Date:  Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:09:37 +0200
Hi Timothy!

Have a look at the last posts in the thread "Beta version 1.1b1 available".
I believe you're experiencing the PPTP MTU problem.
(BTW my setup is identical to yours)

When retrieving mails via pop3 the packet size reaches MTU (I've just
checked with Ethereal).

While a permanent solution is (hopefully) coming up, you can change Windows
PPP-MTU for now - if you are using Windows 2K, XP or 2003.

Set the MTU-value in this Registry key:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NdisWan\Parameters\Pro
tocols\0\ProtocolMTU"
Set this value to 1396 or less - That should fix packet loss when using PPTP
from inside to WAN.

Best regards

Martin Holst

Denmark