[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Vincent FLEURANCEAU <v dot fleuranceau at parc dash landes dash de dash gascogne dot fr>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Corporate VPN (multiple tunnels) - Feedback nedeed
 Date:  Thu, 01 Apr 2004 09:45:48 +0200
Hi all!

I'm looking for people who use m0n0wall in a corporate environment, for
their customers or for their own needs.

I'm about to set up a VPN (with multiple tunnels) between our main
office and our 4 "satellite" offices.

My situation (in France):

- Many VPN "dealers" only consider MPLS technology and don't trust IPsec
at all.
- Other who dare to use IPsec simply ignore software solutions, i.e.
don't trust Linux or even don't know anything about the BSD family :-(
- It seems no one has been told about Soekris platforms...

... so that:

- They want to sell me 5 or their favorite DSL routers (up to $1,000
each ;-)
- I'll have to deal with very expensive MPLS-based VPN "packages" sold
by ISP.

So, it would be very nice if someone (preferably French people so that I
can call them at their office) could give me feedback on her/his own
experience in designing a similar configuration.

I'm very confident with m0n0wall, but I have to gather arguments and
facts to convince my boss to let me go on for it.  So, please let me
know how you managed to set it up!

More, I plan to use m0n0wall on Soekris hardware, so I have 2 other
questions:

- Does the 4501 (basic) model suit for all 5 gateways?
- Is the VPN add-on card useful (or even needed) for all 5 gateways?

Thanks a lot in advance,

-- Vincent