I'm looking for people who use m0n0wall in a corporate environment, for
their customers or for their own needs.
I'm about to set up a VPN (with multiple tunnels) between our main
office and our 4 "satellite" offices.
My situation (in France):
- Many VPN "dealers" only consider MPLS technology and don't trust IPsec
- Other who dare to use IPsec simply ignore software solutions, i.e.
don't trust Linux or even don't know anything about the BSD family :-(
- It seems no one has been told about Soekris platforms...
... so that:
- They want to sell me 5 or their favorite DSL routers (up to $1,000
- I'll have to deal with very expensive MPLS-based VPN "packages" sold
So, it would be very nice if someone (preferably French people so that I
can call them at their office) could give me feedback on her/his own
experience in designing a similar configuration.
I'm very confident with m0n0wall, but I have to gather arguments and
facts to convince my boss to let me go on for it. So, please let me
know how you managed to set it up!
More, I plan to use m0n0wall on Soekris hardware, so I have 2 other
- Does the 4501 (basic) model suit for all 5 gateways?
- Is the VPN add-on card useful (or even needed) for all 5 gateways?
Thanks a lot in advance,