By the way...
What are your plans for posting betas to the website? Have you thought about
making a separate beta's page or anything?
I'm just thinking for those not on the mailing list that would like to have
the newest betas or those of us who don't remember the links to download the
betas, it would be nice to just have a link on the page.
Forgive me if you had plans to do this but have simply not had time to do so
-- working on m0n0wall is probably a little more important than the site ;)
From: Manuel Kasper [mailto:mk at neon1 dot net]
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 2:06 PM
To: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
Subject: [m0n0wall] Beta version 1.1b1 available
For those of you who like to live on the cutting edge, there's a beta
version of m0n0wall 1.1 available for download at
(these images are not digitally signed)
The VLAN support is not done yet, but here are the changes:
- !!! new kernel patch that should solve the dreaded XP PPTP VPN
timeout/packet loss problem once and for all
(tested -> works for me, packet loss went from 50% to 0%)
- new SVG-based traffic grapher (no persistent storage; SVG code contributed
by Thierry Lechat)
- updated system to FreeBSD 4.9-RELEASE-p4 (security updates)
- updated PHP to 4.3.5
- updated ipfilter to 3.4.33
- updated racoon to version 20040116a
- DNS servers assigned via PPPoE/PPTP are now used if the "allow override"
option is set
- local subnet mask of /0 now allowed in IPsec tunnels
- disabled hardware TX checksumming for 3com cards (xl driver) due to buggy
- unsupported support for extensions ;)
mpd has not been updated to 3.17 because after doing so I experienced the
netgraph problem described on
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=62477> with PPPoE. 3.14 works
As always, please let me know if there are any new bugs.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: m0n0wall dash unsubscribe at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
For additional commands, e-mail: m0n0wall dash help at lists dot m0n0 dot ch