[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Weston <fred dot weston at daytonawan dot com>
 To:  Juan Garcia <juangarcia at sacbeemail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Where is the SSID???
 Date:  Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:02:10 -0500
Juan Garcia wrote:

>My ultimate goal is to use the box as a bridge.  However, I am unable
>to configure the wireless parameters (ie. SSID) to be able to link to
>my AP.  You say an0 is my aironet card... OK.  Now how do I configure
>it?  Nothing under "Interfaces (assign)" show SSID or anything like
>it.
>
>Is there anything I have to do from the console to expose wireless
>parameters?
>
>Also, I received another email where someone states that the cisco
>350 is NOT a prism card and therefore it won't work.  Is this the
>case?
>
>jg

I have never used a wireless card as my LAN or WAN interface, but when I
used it as OPT1, I recall I just clicked on OPT1 under the interfaces
menu and was able to set the SSID, channel, etc from there.

Your Cisco card should work fine if you are using it as a client, but
you will not be able to use it with Host AP in order to create an access
point other computers can connect to.