[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Juan Garcia" <juangarcia at sacbeemail dot com>
 To:  fred dot weston at daytonawan dot com, murphy at imelectronic dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Re: [m0n0wall] Where is the SSID???
 Date:  Fri, 2 Apr 2004 13:22:50 -0800
This is correct.  I already have an AP in infrastructure mode and I
have been able to establish a link to it using the CF image from
teletronics.  So I know the card is not the limiting factor.  (Their
user interface sucks, hence the reason I'm trying monowall.)

The problem as stated earlier is that I cannot get to the settings to
configure the wireless parameters.  ie.  ssid, wep, etc.  They don't
exist in my webGUI!  Period.  I have been told by other posters that
I need to associate the cisco card to OPT1.  (YES?)  However, no one
seems to be able to tell me how to do that.  That is not an option
 from the webGUI nor is it an option from the console.

On console menu, when I choose option 1.
1) Interfaces: assign network ports

I can assign sis0 to LAN no problem.  Then it prompts for WAN
interface.  I can either choose an0 or nothing.  If I choose an0,
then I have nothing to assign to Optional 1.  If I choose nothing,
then the application returns to the main menu.  In either case I
cannot assign an0 to Optional 1 which is what I might need (based on
replies to this email.)

So what next?  How the heck do I configure the wireless parameters.
This seems like a very simple question yet no one seems to be able to
point me in the right direction.

Thanx to all for your help.

jg.

>He said he already had an access point that he is trying to link his
>firewall to, so any wireless card that can operate in infrastructure
>mode should work fine, regardless of the chipset.

Composed by sacbeemail.

information website at http://www.sacbee.com .