[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Where is the SSID???
 Date:  Sat, 3 Apr 2004 16:28:20 -0700
At 02:22 AM 4/3/2004, you wrote:
>m0n0wall is a firewall, not an access point or a bridge. And IMHO, hostap
>isn't reliable, featureful and fast enough to be a complete replacement
>for a real commercial AP.

The tone of this came off a bit testy.  Not that I disagree with you about
any of it, and I probably would have jumped in a lot sooner if I were
you.  It's one thing for folks to want to fork or modify on their own, it's
another for those not skilled enough to do so to push for it to be part of
the formal project.

Maybe cranking up a forked project space on SourceForge would satisfy some
of those needs.  That and the creation of a m0n0wall user's group?

It'd make me nuts to have something fairly cool I built for myself and then
decided to share to become a second, uncompensated job.

         -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228