[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan Stasik <chex at localtel dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Stefan Stasik <chex at localtel dot com>
 Subject:  Trouble with ssh conns. dropping across m0n0wall LAN
 Date:  Sat, 3 Apr 2004 22:20:49 -0500 (EST)
Hi:

I just setup monowall on my home network, and it is amazing!!  The
bandwidth limiting/management is solving HUGE problems I have been having,
esp. related to VoIP issues.

I have replaced my Linux box as the router/firewall, with m0n0wall.
Put my Linux box out as a device on my internal network.  From my Win
XP box, I like to launch a bunch of X-apps and keep them running for
long periods of time.. (days? weeks?) Never had any problem with my
Linux router holding these connections.. Now with m0n0wall, all my
X-apps I am launching from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.0.x are dying within
10-15 minutes of starting the applications.

I have searched the m0n0wall docs for Connection timeouts or whatever,
and I cant find anything that would control this.

Anyone have any suggestions where to look on monowall to solve this
problem??

Aiiiee! Here, this XTerm I am typing in just died as I was finishing this
email:

Here was the error on my base SSH window:

xterm:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or KillClient
	on X server "192.168.0.8:0.0"

Thanks,

- Stefan

**  Stefan *    Chex       *      North End, Boston, MA USA **