[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Christopher Iarocci <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Stefan Stasik <chex at localtel dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with ssh conns. dropping across m0n0wall LAN
 Date:  Sat, 03 Apr 2004 23:53:24 -0500
Stefan Stasik wrote:

>Hi:
>
>I just setup monowall on my home network, and it is amazing!!  The
>bandwidth limiting/management is solving HUGE problems I have been having,
>esp. related to VoIP issues.
>
>I have replaced my Linux box as the router/firewall, with m0n0wall.
>Put my Linux box out as a device on my internal network.  From my Win
>XP box, I like to launch a bunch of X-apps and keep them running for
>long periods of time.. (days? weeks?) Never had any problem with my
>Linux router holding these connections.. Now with m0n0wall, all my
>X-apps I am launching from 192.168.0.x to 192.168.0.x are dying within
>10-15 minutes of starting the applications.
>
>I have searched the m0n0wall docs for Connection timeouts or whatever,
>and I cant find anything that would control this.
>
>Anyone have any suggestions where to look on monowall to solve this
>problem??
>
>Aiiiee! Here, this XTerm I am typing in just died as I was finishing this
>email:
>
>Here was the error on my base SSH window:
>
>xterm:  fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) or KillClient
>	on X server "192.168.0.8:0.0"
>

>Thanks,
>
>- Stefan

It's doubtful m0n0wall has anything to do with this since traffic is not
routing through it (assumed by your statement "from 192.168.0.X to
192.168.0.X").  If you want to be 100% sure it's not the m0n0wall,
disconnect it from your network, then try your X connections.  I suspect
the same thing will happen.

Chris