[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Stefan <chex at localtel dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Stefan <chex at localtel dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Trouble with ssh conns. dropping across m0n0wall LAN
 Date:  Sun, 4 Apr 2004 05:08:47 -0400 (EDT)
OK, I feel dumb now.

I hadn't fully demoted my linux box from being a router/server.  I still
had DHCPD running on it, and it was fighting with the m0n0wall DHCP
server, both my internal subnet.  Thats not good.  Also, my windows box
and my Linux box I had setup as DHCP cleints, and m0n0wall dhcp by default
requests a refresh once an hour... so either my windows box or my linux
box network was hiccuping, and dropping the connections.

*sigh*

I disabled the rest of the serving on my Linux server, and now my X-apps
are staying running just fine.

oh well.  m0n0wall is just amazing.

Keep up the great work.

- Stefan In Boston