[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Dionissopoulos" <dionch at freemail dot gr>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] some notes on how we added traffic graphs to m0n0wall...
 Date:  Sun, 4 Apr 2004 23:26:16 +0300
This is the best solution i ever saw for graphics.
I suggest , more script  , to be writen (I can help for this):

add(edit)_graph.php (something like add_pipe/queue.php)
         Adds a host/network/service into Graph-Monitoring mode=
            1/ Add entries in config.xml
            2/ Add "Ipfw add count" entries in a specific ipfw reserved
range (40.000-50.000 lets say).

delete_graph.php -> the reverse procedure

then :
 /usr/local/bin/gatherstats.sh  to read "ipfw show" results and produce
correct .rrd files for every entry in config.xml.

and finally:
a more general solution than
 /usr/local/www/grapht.php / graph.php / stats.php / statst.php
to take advice of config.xml integrated into m0n0wall scripts , for showing
graphs.

and we have extremely powerfull graphs.

I have worked some php scripts to produce graphs a couple of months ago,
but your solution seems excellent to me.

Good work Jey.