[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  "dave" <dave at rodrig dot com>, "Fred Weston" <fred dot weston at daytonawan dot com>
 Cc:  "Samenlia" <fhliang at 163 dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] about the load averages: 2.11, 0.07, 0.05
 Date:  Sun, 4 Apr 2004 22:29:42 -0700

That is my understanding too - BUT what I'd like to know is how that relates
to performance and usability... like when does a webserver start showing lag
or a vpn start dropping connections?

I expect there are no hard and fast rules, but is there a real use to these
numbers other than a realative indication of my system load?

m/