[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Raymond" <ruphoff at raketnet dot nl>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Setting up DMZ and Traffic shaper
 Date:  Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:54:18 +0200
Hi all,
M0n0wall isn't as easy to configure as Ipcop, but I want to give it a
try. I'm not a BSD/Linux and Network guru, but I know some stuff. I'm
run to reCDo run f Network guru, but i n0wall?this0, SSL,  menu
ning  m0n0wall from CD  . I can't ping from LAN-subnet  to my server on DMZ-port (opt1) in
subnet It's possible to ping DMZ-interface, when
want to send ICMP-packets to server I'll get like "TTL expired/lost in
transit" .
It also seems that there are problems with the 3com 3C595-t4 cards, with
this card for DMZ the link won't come up; status no information on mode
and speed in the interfaces menu.
Excactly same configuration works flawless on IPcop ( only the piece of
shit often chrashes; no WebGUI )
The configuration I want to setup;
                                    |                       |
WAN through DHCP ----- |                       |
---- = subnet
    DMZ = subnet rough DHCP--------- ver a', bur when want
                                        Server = act as
Web-/ mail-/ ftp-server.
How do I have to configure the NAT part and firewall rules? LAN must be
able to reach DMZ ports; HTTP, IMAP, Webmin: 11000.
How is the m0n0wall documentation project doing? I want to see more "
how to configure m0n0wall"
Raymond Uphoff