[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Rodgers <david dot rodgers at kdsi dot net>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  Luke Spragg <lukespragg at xaviortech dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] FreeBSD 5.2
 Date:  Mon, 05 Apr 2004 13:40:03 -0500
Here is an external unit on the cheap. ($19.95 after $10 rebate)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=173989&Sku=D700-2207%20P

I've got the aps at my house connected to a network on an extra
interface bridged to the external network with bridge filtering turned
on. The internal network is still safe and I can control what kind of
traffic goes to and from the wireless devices.

Plus, as an added bonus, if you use an actual access point (in most
cases) you get mac filtering and/or mac association control.

David Rodgers