[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 12cm x 12cm Motherboard
 Date:  Wed, 07 Apr 2004 08:00:08 +1000
Hi Kevin,

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 04:32, Kevin Tollison wrote:
> Long time lurker here.  I am just getting my feet wet with m0n0wall, so
> hopefully I will have something more productive next time.
>

> This looks like a cool motherboard for m0n0. I wonder if the processor would
> work though?  Does anyone know how to get their hands on one?
> http://www.viaembedded.com/product/epia_N_spec.jsp?motherboardId=221

I cannot see where these would be appropriate for a firewall, as they
have only a single Ethernet port onboard, with a second needing to be
added via the Mini-PCI socket - a rather expensive option.  Aside from
that, it should work fine.  Their regular VIA EPIA boards at least have
a standard PCI slot for easier addition of another Ethernet port or two.

> I have been playing with m0n0wall on an old PC, but I just ordered some new
> hardware to build a real one for production.  I know it is a little late now
> but has anyone used this board with m0n0
> http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpN
> o=86698&Sku=MBM-TS20-C366 .  If not I will report back in a few days.  The
> price was too good to resist trying.

I cannot see why these wouldn't work.  I don't know, nor does anything
seem to mention, the Ethernet controllers, but it is unlikely to be
anything too esoteric.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/