[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt dot com>
 To:  'Dirk-Willem van Gulik' <dirkx at webweaving dot org>, Samenlia <fhliang at 163 dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can i manage my pc by Serial terminals?
 Date:  Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:50:53 -0700
>On Apr 7, 2004, at 3:33 AM, Samenlia wrote:
>
>> Can I manage the m0m0wall by Serial terminals? juse like
>those switch
>> or router,
>> instead of connecting a  CRT and a keyboard
>
>Do a man on 'sio' - flags 0x20 (devices.hints) and 'man 8 boot' and the
>-D and -h flags. See /boot directory for the config files.
>
>Dw

Yes you can, it works. I've converted a couple of Nortel Networks Contivity
100 units to work with Mono. They don't have easily accessible VGA outputs,
but they do have a single serial port. You need to mod the root image to
include the above flags. I used to have an sh script that would do it
automatically. The bad news is a accidently wiped the drive, and lost the
script...

HTH

.mark