[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Edimax AP (previously "FreeBSD 5.2")
 Date:  Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:38:43 +0200
Hi Hilton,

Thanks for the model name update.

Looking once again at the Edimax site, I still don't see your exact
model, but it's getting warmer! I thus found two products that might
possibly be their new version(s) of your AP:

EW-7207APb - 802.11b Enterprise Wireless LAN Access Point with 802.1x,
Radius Server, WDS

EW-7206APb - 802.11b Wireless LAN Access Point  (AP, AP Client & WDS
Functions)

Any of these sound like comparable products? (Specifically I'd like to
get confirmation that these are using much the same hardware as your
AP, as this would indicate that the same level of stability could
hopefully be expected.)

Aside from lacking g and/or b+ support, these two both seem to have
just the features I need, unlike most other APs which tend to have at
least some "router bloat". I guess I'd want the newer 7207, which seem
much the same except for WPA and more RAM and ROM space?

Regards,

Adam.