[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DHCP question?
 Date:  Wed, 07 Apr 2004 23:59:03 +0200
Hi All,

Am I correct in assuming that entering an empty dynamic DHCP address
range (ie. x.x.x.0 - x.x.x.0) will effectivly prevent the assignment
of any dynamic IPs, while still allowing the static mappings to be
assigned as usual?

I'm rather sure it wasn't allowed to assign a zero-range in previous
(possibly pre-1.0) versions (I run 1.1b1 genericPC), but since this is
now allowed, I'm hoping the above is the reason. If not, is there any
other way to achieve such a static-only DHCP server configuration for
a given interface?

Regards,

Adam.