[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jim Wells" <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  PPTP Connection unable to access Internet
 Date:  Wed, 7 Apr 2004 22:33:05 -0400
Hello everyone,

I have a monowall setup and connected to it from a Windows XP with pptp via
dial-up. That part works well and I can access the servers on the LAN.
However I cannot get back out to the internet. I have tried many things with
no success. Can anyone either share their config or give me an idea what to
try. I have to monowall setup to hand out a seperate subnet other than the
LAN. I tried the example in the guide using a subnet within the same IP
range as the (LAN) but that didn't work either. Is this possible ?

The internet connection is a T1 with 16 public IP's directly routed to the
site from the ISP

Wan (router) --> [Monowall WAN]  ---> (Monowall Lan) IP:192.168.125.254/24
PPTP IP subnet: 192.168.126.160/28

Thanks

Jim Wells