[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mitch \(WebCob\)" <mitch at webcob dot com>
 To:  Hilton at QuarkAV dot com, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Can i manage my pc by Serial terminals?
 Date:  Tue, 6 Apr 2004 23:37:27 -0700

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "Why the heck not????"

Picture this (did this once - MAY be a little out of date, forgive or
correct minor errors).

Use a serial console to log in and create a user account.

Set that user accounts shell to a script which captures appropriate signals
if you are paranoid, and opens lynx or linx to the web interface login...

Done.

On re logging in to the new account, the serial console is used for a text
browser display of the web interface - don't know how ugly it would be, but
might be functional enough for some.

Did something similar once before for some of my own web management
scripts - was a long time ago but same principal applies doesn't it?

m/