[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jim Wells" <jwells at networksisp dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PPTP Connection unable to access Internet
 Date:  Wed, 7 Apr 2004 23:43:04 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian" <mono at ricerage dot org>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 2004 11:09 PM

> Heh. Under the IP properties of the PPTP tunnel (in XP), check under the
> advanced settings and look to make sure you're not using the "remote
> gateway". For some silly reason thats the default setting.
>
>  Brian

Thanks for the info Brian. I have made the change and now I can get out to
the Internet but not from the remote network that I connected to via pptp.
If I traceroute the traffic goes back out my current DSL connection. I
cannot access the servers on the 192.168.125.xx network anymore but I can
ping the monowall 192.168.126.xx . If I change the pptp subnet back to being
in the same range as the 192.168.125.xx network this may work. I will try
that next.

Thanks

Jim