[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Scott Benninger <scottb at Challenger dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Is it possible to NAT outbound traffic through and IPSEC tunnel?
 Date:  Thu, 8 Apr 2004 11:31:46 -0400
Hello,

Is it possible to NAT outbound traffic through an IPSEC tunnel? The customer
on the other end of the tunnel cannot(will not) route our internal private
subnet. They want to see my external IP come across the tunnel and be able
to send back to that IP.

Their Int--->My Ext-->Internal Host
10.11.12.13/16--->1.2.3.4-->3.4.5.6

If possible how would I configure the VPN? subnet-->subnet or
subnet-->external IP?
Will I need any special rules/NAT rules?

Thanks in advance for any information on this.

Scott Benninger