[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Eric Shorkey" <eshorkey at commonpointservices dot com>
 To:  "Dennis Wallberg" <dennis dot wallberg at bredband dot net>, "'M0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: Re[2]: [m0n0wall] SNMPOID for CPU usage
 Date:  Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:34:26 -0400
As far as I know, and as far as a 5 minute google search resulted in:
There is no OID in the standard MIB tree for cpu usage or memory usage.
Almost all cpu usage and memory usage oids in various products are only
available via vendor specific MIBs. Sooo, my suggestion to monowall is, pick
an MIB that you like from another vendor and duplicate it. I'd pick Cisco's
since they are probably the best known networking company around, but any of
them would do really. The pain in the ass part is the extendability of the
snmp implementation within freebsd. I haven't played with extending snmp
before so I can't really comment on the feasability, but it's definitely
worth looking into if you want to provide the same features as your (very
expensive) competition. :)