[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "forums" <forums at deleos dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem connecting to ISP after a month of usage
 Date:  Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:48:37 -0400
Up until today (4/7/04) I have been running m0n0wall off of CD since the
beginning of March of this year and have had no problems.

Unfortunately today my internet connection dropped and I could no longer
obtain an IP Address from my ISP.  I tried rebooting, setting a static
IP address, etc.  With no luck I ended up ejecting the CDROM and Floppy
connected a hard drive which had a Linux based firewall installed and
configured that I was using previously and had no problems receiving an
IP address and surfing the web.  If disconnect the hard drive and boot
to CD and floppy containing m0n0wall it once again fails :(

I needed to get the internet connection back up so I'm backing using the
Linux based firewall for now BUT I liked m0n0wall better and want to
switch back BUT can't. :-( :-(

Any clue as to what happened? I was using m0n0wall for a straight month
with no reboots or problems.  I can't see how it can be hardware since
the Linux firewall works with no problems.

Thanks,

Ron

My hardware config:

Intel Celeron 1.7GHz