[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Nellemann <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 To:  forums <forums at deleos dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem connecting to ISP after a month of usage
 Date:  Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:37:21 +0200
Hi Ron,

Just a stupid question (but better to make sure):

Have you tried another floppy and/or formatting it? (To check for
config.xml corruption!)

A more "far out" thing to try would be burning another CD, in the
unlikely event that it has gone bad in some obscure way (since it
obviously seem to boot m0n0wall ok?!?)

Finally, while you wait for someone else on this list comming up with
some better suggestions than the above: Why not run m0n0wall from your
harddisk, since you like it better than your Linux thingie. There is a
generic-PC version of m0n0wall for this purpose (it will also give you
a much faster webGUI, since it writes the config.xml file to the HD.
Personally I use this setup, but with a CompactFlash <-> IDE adaptor
instead of a "real" harddisk, to keep down sound and moving parts, and
it works like a charm!)

Hope this helps (or at least provides some useful info)?

Adam.