[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kevin Tollison" <kevin at triadsurveyors dot com>
 To:  "'Charles Toepoel'" <monowall at toepoel dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] My m0n0wall box
 Date:  Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:33:17 -0400
> Hi,
>
> The prices are pretty OK, but what is so special about the boxes ? If
> you want exotic boxes, check the pictures on m0n0.ch/wall/gallary.php
>

> But it looks good though :-)
>
> Greetz,
>
> Charles

Nothing special, I just thought I had found some nice products at decent
prices, and would be simple enough that almost anyone could build.  I know
the Soekris http://www.soekris.com/ units are preferred (I want one
eventually), but I like the ability to replace parts if necessary, I know
the one PCI slot could be a problem if a NIC went out but where else can you
replace a processor for $3.00
http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpN
o=776913&Sku=CP2-CI366%20X10

I only have a need for 2 NIC's at the moment anyway, and I am sure others
have similar needs.  It is by no means perfect nor will it fulfill every
need. Just thought I would share my noob projects, and maybe help other
noob's.

Kudos to Manuel, I found m0n0wall a month or so ago and started playing with
it.  Awesome product!!

--
Kevin