[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Barry Mather" <barry dot mather at dorecentres dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] can't get WAN ethernet link up in bridge mode which is connected to a sonicwall pro 320 LAN port
 Date:  Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:39:56 +1000
Hi,

I also have a network full of sonicwalls, and am fed up of paying top
dollah for them, not when m0n0wall does such an excellent job.
I'm just about to start rolling out m0n0wall to new offices ..

Anyway, I had exactly this problem a while ago with a cisco 2603 router,
link would just drop for no reason to it, after many battles with
sonicwall tech support they told me to manually force the sonicwall to
100mb half duplex, everything then worked.

After they told me I had kind of a forehead slapping moment.

Devices sometimes have real problems if they are both set to auto detect
carrier speed and duplex.  Forcing one of them to something will give
the other device something that it knows what to detect ..

Does that make sense ??

Try it out on the sonic.

Cheers

barry